Eden, NC, US
Postulez Ajouter aux emplois sauvegardés
Supprimer des travaux sauvegardés
Job ID: JO-1995-CFR
Temps plein/temps partiel:
Estado del trabajo: Permanent
Responsible for preparation and implementation of plant safety programs. Performs analysis of injuries and lost-time accidents with focus on reduction/avoidance of injuries. Prepares safety documentation for reporting to state and federal agencies. Conducts and ensures all applicable safety training programs for plant is maintained as outlined by company and OSHA regulations.
- Performs job site analysis. Identifies, evaluates, and presents recommendations to control hazardous conditions and practices. Formulates and suggests work safety standards and enforces policies/procedures. Responsible for risk prevention in the areas of: hazardous material exposure, accidents, injuries, fires, unsafe conditions, etc.
- Establishes and implements safety training initiatives and programs to meet state and federal compliance requirements. Develops training materials as needed.
- Manages compliance audits, random inspections, safety and health walk-throughs and injury and lost/time analysis, Ensures compliance with established programs to increase safety awareness and reduce both company and employee risk.
- Manages investigation process in regards to: near misses, accidents, incidents, recordables, compliance delinquencies, etc. Manage accidient investigation process. Maintains records as required by state and federal law.
- Prepares safety documentation for reporting to state and federal agencies in collaboration with Corporate Safety & Compliance management. Reporting and recording may include: OSHA, ANSI, EPA, federal and state law, corporate and facility requirements, etc.
- Manages activities of Safety Committee and First Responders. Ensures required training is completed. Updates participant lists as needed.
- Conducts root-cause analysis for injuries and lost-time accidents. Implements safety improvements with a focus on injury, accident, and near-miss reduction/avoidance. Acts as primary contact for company's Workers Compensation coverage and premium reduction initiatives.
- Reviews safety policies and procedures on a regular basis. Makes recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Serves as company touch-point in the area of Safety and Worker's Compensation for regulatory agency compliance issues.
Profil et compétences de base
- Degree in business related field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Prior experience in Safety required (safety needs analysis, program development and implementation, OSHA requirements and guidelines, WC management, etc.)
- Must have knowledge or training in the following areas: safety, environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations/standards, occupational health, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands-on health, safety and environmental training
- Able to develop, implements, and coordinates comprehensive health and safety accident prevention programs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead/direct teams and/or committees
- Able to work at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Experience within a manufacturing or distribution company
- Ability to travel domestically on a regular and routine basis
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.