Christ Church, BB
Postulez Ajouter aux emplois sauvegardés
Supprimer des travaux sauvegardés
Job ID: JO-1917-CFR
Temps plein/temps partiel:
Estado del trabajo: Permanent
The Product Designer, will be based in the Barbados Office and will work with the Sr. Merchandising Manager to initiate concepts and execute product each season that resonates with the distinct iconic American Apparel brand and other Gildan Brands. He/She will be part of a dynamic creative environment collaborating with talented cross-functional partners in the business. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Merchandising Manager, Technical Designer and the Marketing team to create best in class products for Gildan Brands that meet the requirements of the design brief.
- Research worldwide marketplace and interpret consumer and market needs as they relate to product category/categories. This includes researching materials, components, color, and design concepts and collecting feedback from customers and sales representatives.
- Participate in prototype process for assigned category/categories. This includes initiating sample requests by working closely with the Merchandising Manager and Product Developer(s), reviewing samples and directing revisions as needed throughout the development cycle.
- Provide mood boards, merchandising stories, color theory, sketches and line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and detail sketches as necessary.
- Work as a team member to assure timelines are met and that critical merchandising information is available to Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Graphics, Production/Sourcing, and Sales personnel.
- Be available to present category products and design/merchandising information during key meetings and line presentations.
Profil et compétences de base
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Marketing, Business, Product Management or a related field and at least five (5) years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe programs and PS .
- Proficient in FLEX; the internal PLM program.
- Confident in Illustrator and InDesign and a strong skill set for technical design sketches.
- Experience creating Tech packs to be used by international factories.
- Ablility to hand sketch, illustrate, execute print layouts, graphic layouts and styling would be assets.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.