Administrator, IT Ops Center
Montreal, QC, CA
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
The IT Operations Center Administrator is responsible for monitoring Gildan’s global systems and software applications. The incumbent will ensure that systems and applications are running as expected. This role also assists with monitoring all data backups and batch schedules, the incumbent should also maintain an in-depth technical knowledge as well as a broad understanding of business unit processes and interdependencies in order to initiate actions regarding computer operations. Additionally, this role handles the diverse duties that support our global data centers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Monitors software applications and other IT business processes for technical issues.
- Assists with backup monitoring, restoration of files and offsite backup tape transfers.
- Assists with monitoring and maintenance of the data center facilities / equipment such as HVAC, generators and fire suppression systems.
- Takes ownership of technical incidents, ensuring all are appropriately resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensures all production and batch jobs are completed on time with minimal errors.
- Appropriately escalates issues to other IT teams when unable to resolve.
- Communicates status of issues with IT teams and business stakeholders electronically and verbally.
- Ensures deployment for the various software applications are carried out as instructed by business unit developers and any errors received are reported to the business unit developers.
- Ensures an Operations Status Report will accurately record all Operations activities for a given shift.
- Responds to inquiries with an in-depth understanding of the business unit processes.
- Maintains and keeps up to date policies and procedures for Gildan infrastructure.
- Ensures security is maintained over the Data Center at all times.a
Profile & Core Competencies
University degree in computer science with 3-5 years of experience or DEC in computer science with 5-8 years of experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in a business friendly manner
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and directed
- Strong understanding of client-server architecture.
- Strong understanding of the following desktop applications: MS office suite.
- Strong understanding of remote tools / applications such as: VMware Virtual Center, Windows Remote Desktop.
- Strong understanding of backup software such as Commvault
- Good understanding of networks (TCIP, DNS, etc.)
- Attention to detail (shows thoroughness in gathering information; checks accuracy of information; monitors projects)
- Customer-service orientation (follows-up with clients; maintains clear communications; takes personal responsibility)
- Decisiveness (processes information; sets priorities; makes educated decisions; pursues opportunities)
- Flexibility (accepts other’s views; adapts to situations)
- Information seeking (asks questions; personally investigates problems / situation)
- Initiative (shows persistence; addresses current opportunities or problems; is decisive in a crisis; looks ahead)
- Professional IT qualification (such as MCSA, MCDST, CCNA, ITIL Core Foundation Certification, etc.) a plus
- Listening and responding (listens; makes self-available; listens responsively; acts to help)
- Availability to work outside of standard office hours as needed. This is a 24x7 operation that may require shift work.
Experience years of experience supporting technical environments including one or more of the following roles:
- Application suport
- Technical help desk
- System administration
- Infrastructure support
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.