Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Provides support to Gildan's Retail operations in the area of employee benefits. Assists in direction of the day-to-day administration of employee benefit programs including, but not limited to: group health plans, FSA/DCR, defined contributions/401(k) plan, employee share purchase plan, COBRA, benefit compliance, new hire orientation and wellness initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for all benefit enrollments and new hire on-boarding for Retail locations.
- Reviews proper documentation to determine benefit eligibility status. Works closely with HR team members to ensure clear communication of benefit programs, and assists with any benefit needs related to hiring, terminations, transfers, employee's on leave and monthly invoicing.
- Provides consistent benefit communication related to annual open enrollment for all locations.
- Guides HR efforts to communicate and interpret complex employee benefit related concerns and issues. Acts as in-house expert on the Company's welfare and retirement plans.
- Works with vendors to resolve issues related to the administration of benefit invoices, claims or any other related services.
- Supports the organizations efforts to help employees gain and maintain a healthy lifestyle through various wellness programs and activities.
- Monitors the day-to-day administration of employee health and welfare programs. Activities include, but are not limited to premium calculations, reconciliations of invoices, conducting plan audits, and processing benefit submissions following payroll processing.
- Reconciles and submits all benefits invoices in coordination with the finance department. Provides supporting details for all auto-drafts.
- Coordinates the distribution of materials for benefit orientations, open enrollments and annual compliance mailers.
- Administers employee benefit plans including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, as well as flexible spending, retirement, COBRA and other plans.
- Handles and resolves employee concerns and questions regarding benefit plans and enrollment. Obtains and evaluates all relevant data related to complaints and inquiries.
- Identifies and escalates priority issues as necessary. Provides follow-up to employees.
- Evaluates and recommends process improvement opportunities.
- Provides support to Manager, Employee Benefits-US.
- Generates PeopleSoft and ADP reports as necessary to meet requests.
- Povides occassional on-site support to other locations. Overnight travel required.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University Degree
- 0-3 years
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with the development, implementation and administration of employee welfare plans, including experience with HRIS applications (e.g., ADP and/or PeopleSoft BenAdmin)
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulation e.g., ERISA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Healthcare Reform, Section 125 and Section 401(k) is preferred
- Ability to manage 401(k) plans and audits
- Experience identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, with integrity and accountability
- Strong analysis and attention to detail skill required
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft BenAdmin preferred
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data, and formulate metrics
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information from various sources, and understand safety warnings
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.