Assistant Manager, Plant
Salisbury, NC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
The Assistant Plant Manager’s position works closely with and assists the Plant Manager in organizing and managing the day-to-day activities for all plant operations, which includes but is not limited to; shipping and receiving functions, production operations, and facility maintenance. This position is also responsible for optimizing plant operations to ensure all production and quality standards are met.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage all supervision functions on a 4 shift operation
- Develops and coaches employees
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered
- Maintain supply and repair budgets
- Schedule plant balance based on spinning projections
- Work with Maintenance Managers to schedule machine overhauling and maintenance
- Create job descriptions for all positions and revise accordingly
- Work closely with Human Resources to help staff vacant positions and resolve issues in a timely manner
Profile & Core Competencies
- 6-10 years of previous experience in a Ring and/or Open End Yarn Spinning Facility.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Management role
- Candidate must possess a strong understanding of yarn spinning processes.
- Position requires strong attention to accuracy and detail with strong organizational skills.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and exhibit exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Ability to work with all levels of employees
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.