Business Analyst, Distribution (Montreal)
Montreal, QC, CA
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
The position is located at the Company's head office in Montreal. The Business Analyst’s main responsibility is to support and develop processes and systems related to global distribution activities. The incumbent will work closely with IT and operations staff at both at head office and distribution centres worldwide. The mandate includes documenting, analyzing and resolving production problems; analyzing, developing solutions, testing and implementing projects or initiatives to solve business problems. This position has an important, but not limited, IT aspect; therefore, the incumbent may also be involved in re-engineering or designing business processes.
The Business Analyst will report to the Director, Applications at the Montreal head office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze business processes, propose procedures and processes to users and supervise the implementation of new processes and their documentation;
- Define business requirements for system changes, work closely with the software development team to develop system changes, test them and manage the implementation of new features with IT resources and users;
- Help users understand the use of business application software, mainly the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and JDE;
- Documentation of new processes or procedures; creation of test documentation; creation of specifications or proposals; training equipment; all in the context of a continuous system improvement/development life cycle;
- Provide production support.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University degree in information technology, engineering, operations management, logistics or equivalent;
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a distribution-related environment and inventory control/management is required, experience in supply chain/logistics would be an asset;
- 2 to 5 years of experience with JD Edwards: distribution module is preferable, but relevant experience with other ERP systems can be considered;
- 2 to 5 years of experience with the Warehouse Management System (WMS) (preferably Red Prairie or Manhattan)
- Experience in designing and implementing training programs;
- Strong system and process orientation and highly developed analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven team spirit;
- Excellent written and oral English skills, knowledge of French and Spanish are an asset;
- Note that travel outside Canada is required between 10% and 30% of the time, depending on the project and some evenings and weekends are also required on an occasional basis.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.