Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Coordinates product conversion, promotional projects, component orders, and inventory control associated with rework and promotions. Reports inventory information to sales team, customer service, and finance departments.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reviews all information received regarding potential projects assigned by Manager.
- Creates job instructions from information given by relative departments, specification sheets, other data, etc.
- Analyzes orders for components needed to complete them and communicates with Purchasing Manager regarding items, quantity, and timelines for delivery. Follows up as required.
- Evaluates internal and external rework capacity versus project needs in regards to space, manpower, and timeline requirements.
- Communicates with internal Rework Supervisor regarding internal schedules and priorities.
- Performs vendor evaluations and assesses timelines.
- Contacts potential vendors with relevant information including instructions and timelines, in order to discuss possible production availability.
- Negotiates project costs with external vendors. Confirms timelines and assigns projects accordingly.
- Completes preliminary project checklists.
- Issues transfers in JDE system and communicates with Distribution Center regarding transportation of all components and receipts of finished product for each project.
- Issues purchase orders in JDE system.
- Schedules work flow and priorities for all projects to ensure timelines are met.
- Maintains accurate tracking reports in order to show project status and for inventory control purposes.
- Works closely with Internal Rework Supervisors in order to address issues and/or track timeliness.
- Communicates and travels to local vendor locations to evaluate progress and address critical issues.
- Acts as a liaison between internal company departments and vendors regarding all aspects of project as requested.
- Reports to Sales/Planning/Management regarding status of project(s) as requested.
- Conducts audits and reports month-C54end inventory counts to finance.
- Reconciles inventory counts at month-end and at close of project(s).
- Compiles packets of invoices and corresponding manifests for sign-off by management for payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Profile & Core Competencies
- University Degree
- Less than 1 year
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication required
- Strong organization skill needed
- Ability to estimate and evaluate capacity, staffing, and costs for projects
- Experience in service agreement negotiation preferred
- Experience in scheduling and evaluating time-sensitive materials preferred
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Must be able and available to travel outside of facility as needed
- Hearing required in order to hear instructions, receive information from various sources, and understand safety warnings
- Vision required in order to operate a keyboard, interpret data, and complete related data entry
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.