Customer Service Representative
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Provides service and support to the Retail customer base. Is involved with all customer service functions of the order cycle from order-entry to invoicing, including: Item Setup, Sales, Logistics, Planning, Forecasting, IT, Logistics, etc. Supports Customers and Retail Sales by providing stats, reports, and customer buying activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Communicates with internal and external customers via written or verbal methods in areas such as order inquiry, product information, account information and shipments.
- Reviews, understands, and applies the customer's compliance requirements to all orders to ensure they are processed through supply chain in accordance with customer expectations.
- Maintains open communication lines with production planners, inbound transportation, retail operations and distribution center teams. Provides direction of product/inventory/program priorities ensuring goods are available as per customer expectations.
- Manages customer purchase order receipt process via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) or other delivery method into the company's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Troubleshoots orders that cannot be processed, working with Product Data Management (PDM), sales, and finance. Resolves issues (e.g.. pricing, Bill of Material [BOM], order type codes on EDI orders, etc) and process orders in line with expectations.
- Coordinates with forecasting and retail operations to assess future inventory levels and ability to fill future orders.
- Makes recommendations to customers, sales and management to adjust order dates, quantities, and/or recommended substitution product to satisfy orders.
- Analyzes store in-stock rates by sku (in times of sku shortages) to recommend allocating goods to specific distribution centers.
- Manages customer order position, performing maintenance, expediting, inquiries, monitors and communication concerning same.
- Analyzes customer fill rates on current orders and recommends actions to management to satisfy customer needs
- Alerts and prioritizes retail operations of orders/skus requiring rework or value added services along with deadlines that must be achieved.
- Tracks special promotional orders through the life cycle to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Provides information to and works with specialized customer logistics teams, e.g. TAB (advertised merchandise) logistics to ensure timely shipment and delivery of product, monitoring and alerting customers if issues develop within the supply chain.
- Ensures on-time submission of orders to the customer's transportation providers and subsequent monitoring and dropping of orders to the distribution center for processing.
- Provides direction to Finance Department relative to customer chargebacks, including supporting documentation so successfully dispute customer claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Profile & Core Competencies
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience within a manufacturing company supplying product to Retail Customers preferred
- Ability to be proactive
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks quickly, effectively and with accuracy
- Strong degree of comprehensive problem-solving and decision making skill
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Hearing required in order to hear instructions, communication with customers via phone, safety warnings, etc.
- Vision required to operate a keyboard and to complete required data entry
- Experience with a fully functional computerized AS/400 Order Management System preferred
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.