Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Works closely with CFO to guide and monitor strategic financial direction of sales, marketing and distribution for the Charleston office. Responsible for financial planning, annual forecasts, monthly and quarterly projections, historical financial analysis of operating results, internal benchmarking and metric analysis for the business. Interacts regularly with division VPs and Regional Finance Directors.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares financial reporting and monthly operating review documents.
- Provides guidance and oversight to ensure the professional development of key staff, including Regional Finance Directors.
- Supports and assists in the strategic planning process.
- Coordinates and prepares the annual plan, including setting client-specific targets and meeting with Department VP to establish goals and targets.
- Analyzes and compares monthly and quarterly financial projections on a consolidated and operating segment basis.
- Prepares quarterly Corporate Reporting and assists in the preparation of monthly Operations Review.
- Prepares and presents periodic performance and financial reports to senior management.
- Directs the preparation of special purpose or ad hoc analysis as required.
- Is involved with Sales and Marketing new program pricing and costing.
- Acts as liaison to segment Finance Leaders to monitor and analyze business performance.
- Assists Finance VP as required and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assesses and provides detailed analysis on customer profitability.
- Provides leadership and growth opportunities for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University Degree
- 8 years and more
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. - including Macros, Pivot Tables, Lookups, etc.)
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant finance and accounting experience required
- Several years of experience functioning at the Director level within Finance or Accounting department required
- Extensive knowledge of financial procedures and practices required
- Experience and/or preferred understanding of Hyperion, Essbase, Qlikview, JDE, Hyperion
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment and be deadline driven
- Proven management and leadership skill required
- Strong communication skill in both written and oral form
- High level of organization is required
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information from various sources, and understand safety warnings
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data, and formulate metrics
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.