Director, Merchandising and Design - Retail
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Oversees product assortments for the Mass Channel (Walmart, Target, Dollar Chains, Clubs), Socks, Underwear, Hosiery, from concept through commercialization. In charge of the design, development and execution of product line plans for owned brands in the channel as well as private label, deliver target margin, developing product to support brand strategies, sourced product collaboration, SOP and procedures. Owns relevant information on the consumer and competitors and provides expert marketplace knowledge and cross-functional leadership in Merchandising, Design, Product Development (PD) and PID working closely with Marketing, Production Planning, Forecasting, Sales, Finance and Customer Service. Works directly with accounts/sales.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establishes the short and long-term vision for the Mass Channel brands including the general merchandising plan, the split between development and sourced product and ensuring competitive pricing strategy for all categories. Must deliver unique brand voice required for each channel of distribution and/or where brands live in same channel.
- Develops and reviews seasonal strategy for the Business Unit owning the Merchandising Calendar. Provides leadership and direction to Merchandising and Design teams.
- Directs, creates and maintains product development and product flow calendar, working closely with Planning/Allocation, Manufacturing group and Sourcing.
- Identifies business opportunities through market research, analysis of sales performance, competition, new trends, fabrics and techniques. Directs innovation opportunities to commercialization. Executes Private Label strategies and product initiatives. Collaborates with Printwear.
- Collaborates with Product Information Department to adhere to calendar to deliver on time ship dates. Internal sponsor of PLM and Flex PLM.
- Directs product development and design, internal and external, to deliver trend right product priced to meet internal margin requirements and retail price expectations. Works closely with Manufacturing – Honduras and Shanghai office.
- Establishes strong working relationships with sales and retail accounts that support Gildan as industry expert and leader.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University Degree
- 12-15 Years Related Experience
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple business deadlines
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information from various sources, and understand safety warnings
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data, and formulate metrics
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.