Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst (FP&A)
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Works closely with FP&A Manager to provide strategic and financial analysis that leads to the achievement of financial and business goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provides critical decision-making supporting analytics, business partnering, and support for key strategic and operational initiatives.
- Utilizes data infrastructure (Hyperion, QlikView, JDE) by extracting, aggregating, and dissecting financial data and performance metrics. Highlights findings for management action.
- Researches and analyzes trends and understands and provides key productivity indicators and other business statistics, which are used in presentations to executives and the Board of Directors and in quarterly earnings calls.
- Prepares weekly scorecard about sales, standard margin, and point-of-sale consumer demand.
- Tracks point-of-sale consumer demand and retailer inventory levels to assist in aligning forecasts of sales to retailers.
- Prepares monthly summary of brand market share data from The NPD Group.
- Supports monthly and quarterly closing process in accordance with corporate calendars.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast process.
- Assists in monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc financial reporting and financial analyses:
- Assists in the analysis and comparison of actual results and forecasts, especially for volume, sales, and standard margin.
- Assists in the assessment and analysis of brand and customer profitability.
- Tracks capital expenditures vs. budget.
- Produces recurring and ad hoc management reports.
- Maintains confidentiality of company financial data.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in finance or related discipline and 0-3 years of experience
- Industry experience with exposure to retail and manufacturing is recommended
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc.)
- Experience and/or preferred understanding of: Hyperion, Essbase, JDE
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Knowledge of financial procedures and practices
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data, and formulate metrics
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information, and understand safety warnings
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.