Financial Planning Analyst
Christ Church, BB
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
The Financial Planning Analyst will be responsible for building, maintaining, updating and modifying financial models to help the organization analyze, interpret, communicate, monitor, forecast and drive business results. The incumbent will participate in the development and coordination of the company's financial planning processes, models and systems, along with the development of corporate, management and performance reporting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Update monthly financial reports for internal use at the company by collecting, analyzing, formatting and presenting information on Sales, Advertising, Distribution and Administration (SG&A) on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Director Financial Planning and liaise with other departments to prepare the yearly budget and quarterly reforecasting.
- Review, investigate and explain on a monthly basis the variances between the actual results and the forecast
- Support the Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis of operational and financial data.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends and recommending actions to management.
- Develop and maintain a cost allocation model to allocate the SG&A expenses to various departments, regions, etc. based on accountability.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI of initiatives and new project cost.
- Maintain Hyperion database by entering and validating accuracy of information.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
Profile & Core Competencies
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economic and three (3) years of business finance or other relevant experience. An Accounting/Financial designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, CFA) would be an asset.
- High proficiency with financial modeling and techniques.
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions.
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills.
- Good business acumen and capacity to summarize complex financial information.
- Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications – Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Planning will be considered an asset.
- Detail oriented.
- Good sense of judgment and initiative.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.