Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Maintains a strong focus on technologies, developing and innovating current products and programs and identifying production efficiencies and cost savings opportunities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supports research programs that deliver tangible innovative design concepts from thought to retail.
- Assists in developing new design program structures according to expectations for deliverables.
- Works closely with Merchandising, Design, Product Development, Sourcing and other internal departments to ensure design efforts are continually aligned with customer/consumer needs.
- Regularly meets with Sales and Marketing to help evaluate and support new design initiatives.
- Helps maintain strong strategic relationships with vendors, manufacturers and key collaborative partners and continually searches for cutting edge global design innovation.
- Actively reaches out for new technological advancements within the industry to ensure that key brands in the Gildan design portfolio are at the forefront and manages any necessary testing and validation for new technologies. This includes new topical applications and yarns, knitting technology, packaging concepts and category stories.
- Researches and communicates competitor activity and reports advancements that impact the industry.
- Works with Merchandising management to integrate the design innovation process and the transition of products from initial concept to finished goods to ensure the quality meets and/or exceeds industry standards and brand expectations.
- Engages with a spirit of collaboration that bridges across product types, categories and brands to ensure all advancements are shared across the complete Gildan design portfolio.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University Degree and 3-5 years of experience
- Graphic Design degree required.
- Proficient in Adobe CS Suite, Specifically Illustrator and Photoshop (current versions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Proficient understanding of color, trend and style
- Must be able to effectively work with all functional groups, outside vendors, and others in the execution of programs
- Must be organized and efficient; able to complete multiple work assignments by required deadlines
- Domestic and/or International travel required; valid passport required
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet multiple business deadlines.
- Experience within a manufacturing company supplying product to retail customers preferred.
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data and formulate metrics.
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information, and understand safety warnings.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.