Legal Counsel, Intellectual Property and Marketing
Montreal, QC, CA
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Gildan is looking for a legal counsel to join its head office team in downtown Montreal. This position is part of a team of four attorneys, including the Vice-President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, three paralegals and an administrative assistant. You will report directly to the Director, Legal Affairs, and help support all the divisions of the company on various legal matters related to marketing law, regulatory law, and intellectual property law, at the international level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide legal advice to the Marketing, Merchandising and Sales Departments on all marketing initiatives deployed by the company to promote its products (advertising, packaging, labelling, contest and sweepstakes, promotions, etc.)
- Assist in managing the international trademark portfolio and advise the company on all intellectual property matters, to ensure the strategic protection and defense of its assets;
- Provide legal advice on regulatory compliance requirements at the international level, including product safety compliance, as well as data privacy compliance;
- Provide legal advice to the Communications and Social Responsibility Departments on the company’s internal and external communications;
- Support the Corporate Marketing and Communications Departments in the review of all agreements relating to marketing, communications and intellectual property matters (licenses, broadcasting agreements, agency agreements, sponsorship and endorsement agreements, etc.)
- Assist the Director, Legal Affairs, in managing litigation files, in collaboration with the retained law firms; and
- Support the company in special projects.
Profile & Core Competencies
As our ideal candidate, you:
- Have been called to the bar in a Canadian province or in the United States;
- Possess 2-4 years of relevant experience in marketing (or regulatory) law and intellectual property law;
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and French, with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the organization;;
- have strong analytical and synthesis skills, and great attention to details;
- Demonstrate a strong capacity to work on a large volume of files at the same time and meet tight deadlines in a complex business environment;
- Possess sound business and legal judgement, are resourceful, motivated and dynamic;
- Are recognized for your interpersonal skills, leadership and your ability to work in teams in a changing environment;
- Are available to travel for work occasionally.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.