Maintenance Technician I (3rd Shift)
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
With supervision, performs maintenance operations from verbal/written instructions and established procedures to get assigned tasks accomplished. Performs intermediate electrical repairs and mechanical maintenance on warehouse distribution equipment and facility systems on a routine basis relying on trainingand experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and keep the warehouse operations functioning in a safe and efficient manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Performs minor to intermediate level troubleshooting procedures for mechanical and electrical issues connected with facility, equipment and conveyor systems in accordance with established safety, performance and quality standards.
- Installs, uninstalls, repairs and services warehouse conveyors, machinery and equipment and assists with emergency breakdown repairs.
- Reads, understands and utilizes technical manuals, electrical and mechanical blueprints, schematics and written instructions to perform basic to intermediate level maintenance.
- Draws from technical support sites, customer contacts and internet troubleshooting resources to aid in the repair of equipment.
- Performs standard maintenance of HVAC systems and components such as pumps, check valves, thermostats, flow valves and gauges.
- Operates hand and power tools to complete general carpentry tasks.
- Conducts routine maintenance and inspections on facility safety systems (sprinkler, generator, etc.).
- Performs customary predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance tasks in support of the company preventative maintenance program.
- Supports company inspection and testing programs including fire and security systems, backup generator, etc.
- Logs required information in the company CMMS (emaint) tracking system to maintain parts inventory.
- Operates company trucks and material handling equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience - 3-5 Years
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to successfully pass Equipment Operator training and operate equipment under established safety guidelines
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of focus to promote a safe work environment and prevent injury to others
- Must be able to work safely from a variety of heights
- Must be able to handle tools and possess strong mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Must have experience with conveyor systems
- Must be able to provide personal hand tools
- Must be able to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Must have experience with preventative maintenance programs
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.