Maintenance Technician Trainee
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Under direct supervision, works with experienced maintenance technicians to learn how to repair, maintain perform predictive/preventative maintenance based on CMMS programs, including service, installation, operation and modification of equipment throughout the facility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Trains on safe work practices, mechanical and electrical systems, automation, facilities maintenance, HVAC, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and electronic controls, welding and machine tool operation until mastered.
- Performs general maintenance under direct supervision according to verbal / written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Supports minor troubleshooting procedures for electrical and mechanical issues connected with facility system, equipment and conveyor systems.
- Helps perform basic maintenance of HVAC systems and components such as pumps, check valves, thermostats, flow valves and gauges.
- Operates hand and power tools to perform general maintenance.
- Completes general carpentry tasks.
- Assists with routine maintenance and inspections on facility safety systems (sprinkler, generator, etc.).
- Performs basic maintenance functions (lubrication, oiling, battery support) and predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Logs required information in the company CMMS (emaint) tracking system to maintain parts inventory.
- Operates company trucks and material handling equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- High School or Technical Diploma
- 1 Year
- Display basic mechanical ability and inclination
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Basic ability to read, understand and utilize technical manuals
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical blueprints, schematics, manuals and written instructions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to successfully pass Equipment Operator training and operate equipment under established safety guidelines
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of focus to promote a safe work environment and prevent injury to others
- Must be able to work safely from a variety of heights
- Must be able to provide personal hand tools
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Vision is required to read instruction, interpret data, and be aware of surroundings
- Hearing is required in order to receive and follow work instructions
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.