Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Manages the development and control of design, costing, sourcing, packaging and marketing of products and goods to existing and new customers. Leads a merchandising team through full phase design development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages full phase design, item setup and development processes in a proactive manner to deliver profitable programs (seasonal gross margin analysis, discontinued exit strategies and SKU analysis).
- Develops color and style strategies specific to each product and season for existing and new product lines.
- Develops trend presentations for new product idea generation by shopping the market, attending fashion seminars and developing presentations to communicate market trends, product features and benefits.
- Leads and mentors design team to build team work within Product Development and Manufacturing in order to successfully bring innovation to company market areas.
- Explores new opportunities by the utilization of innovative fabrications and raw materials.
- Understands customer(s) needs and product preferences, as well as an understanding of manufacturing capabilities.
- Maintains customer calendars and product development timelines and initiates product line development with technical development team.
- Manages product design process and timeline for each season/product line; selects product assortment; determines color, pattern, packaging and styling.
- Leads product presentations with Marketing and Sales teams to best communicate consumer benefits.
- Attends customer meetings with product manager for merchandising input.
- Works with sales groups to merchandise and analyze business, incorporating new plan-o-gram opportunities and product updates.
- Creates customer presentations (CADs, boards, products), presents product lines to customers and works with customer product teams, branding teams, and sourcing teams to place new items.
- Organizes fit tests and works with product development to ensure proper fit and style.
- Directs and coordinates all information on merchandise and design with license groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University Degree and 8-10 years of relevant and managerial experience OR University degree and 10 years of relevant experience
- Degree in Textile and Apparel Design or related field highly preferred
- Knowledge of hosiery/sock market highly desirable
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop proficiency required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong planning and project management skills required
- Proven ability to lead a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail, organization and decision-making ability
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information from various sources, and understand safety warnings
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data, and formulate metrics and analytical data
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.