Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Independently leads merchandising projects between Product Development, Sales, and Manufacturing departments to ensure smooth flow through the system to meet deadlines and customer expectations. Oversees project tracking until completion and addresses and resolves issues/problems as they occur to eliminate project delays. Aligns efforts to ensure departmental priorities are attained.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serves as single point of contact in the management of a full scope account in regular contact with account representatives and representing Gildan in off-site account meetings.
- Determines full phase item set up design development process upfront to deliver profitable programs.
- Develops the PLM workflow to ensure timeliness and accuracy and manipulates MSS / PLM data.
- Oversees communication and collaboration with Sales, Forecasting, Marketing and Product Development throughout design and development.
- Trains, guides and mentors junior merchandising team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University degree required
- 5-7 years of related experience required
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop Software required
- Proficient in SharePoint and other PDM programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Must be able to prioritize and proactively manage processes from beginning to end
- Knowledge of hosiery/sock market
- Prior knowledge of product life management systems preferred
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Hearing required in order to hear instructions, communicate with others via phone, safety warnings, etc.
- Vision required to operate keyboard and to read/analyze data
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.