Product Development Coordinator
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Tracks and steers hosiery styles through the development process from concept to production system load and executes projects to deliver product designs and attributes at target costs and within project timelines through extensive interaction with Design, Merchandising, Global Manufacturers, Quality Assurance, Production Planning and Sales.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Translates functional and aesthetic design concepts into technical construction terms for development in global hosiery factories.
- Works directly with internal and sourced manufacturers to provide direction on product construction and monitors progress through the Product Lifecycle Maintenance system (PLM) to adhere to timelines for on-time sample delivery.
- Receives, measures, and arranges physical testing for new sock projects and initiates revisions as needed by working with suppliers on final fitting, sizing and aesthetic adjustments in order to meet technical requirements.
- Ensures compliance of greige knitting specifications and arranges system load for manufacturing.
- Travels as needed to domestic and international vendor locations for product development projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- Community college / Associate degree and 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Textile degree strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in internet platform applications preferred (SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to accurately utilize measurement instrubments for garment dimensions
- Ability to work in a global team-based environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- High level of organization and detail required
- Experience within a manufacturing company supplying socks and/or knit garment products to Retail Customers preferred
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data and formulate metrics
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information, and understand safety warnings
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.