Product Testing Lead
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Leads the review of samples to be submitted to the testing lab(s) and is responsible for the submission of those samples. Acts as the primary testing process resource for the Manager of Quality Assurance and the auditors and supervisors.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Communicates with Merchandising and PD staff to determine testing priorities for upcoming programs.
- Coordinates with Honduras and Asia Sourcing Team on hosiery sample delivery logistics.
- Communicates with Merchandising Team in Charleston to coordinate activewear and underwear sample deliveries.
- Monitors and completes information and testing applications.
- Reviews samples to ensure top quality samples and packaging are sent for testing.
- Ensures compliance of testing timelines, charges, etc. with and works to resolve issues.
- Trains, guides and mentors junior merchandising team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- 5+ years with High School or Technical Diploma or 0-3 years with University Degree
- Textile Material Science, Textile Manufacturing or related study preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with a full-functional computerized Internal Order Management System such as PLM or SharePoint preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills needed
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly and effectively
- Must be able to work independently and to self-manage coordination of duties
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Must be comfortable communicating with various levels and departments within the company and with external vendors
- Experience within a manufacturing company supplying product to retail customers preferred
- Ability to travel for training purposes (conferences, forums, etc.), to visit testing facilities, customer visits, and to other Gildan DCs
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, receive information from various sources, and understand safety warnings
- Vision is required in order to read instructions, interpret data, and formulates metrics
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.