Montreal, QC, CA
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
The Programmer Analyst’s primary focus is to analyze requirements, develop and support software code in direct collaboration with Business Analysts and at times with end users. The person will produce technical specification documents, develop and configure software code and support the new and existing functionality.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop quality software code based on Business Analyst’s and user requirements.
- Define and document technical specifications to implement projects, standalone software modification requests and reports.
- Support Business Analysts and sometime users, in understanding the use of business application software.
- Follow Gildan software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology and programming standards for the programming and documentation
- On-call system support on a rotation basis after office hours and weekends
- Document functionality, train and support Business Analysts and users.
Profile & Core Competencies
- University degree in computer science, college diploma, technical certification or equivalent relevant academic qualifications
- 5 - 10 years’ experience as Analyst/Programmer with JDE (E1)
- Experience with MES systems will be an asset.
- Ability to create clear and concise technical documents as well as to provide training, where required.
- System and process oriented. Ability and desire to understand the system architecture, interfaces and basic business processes
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills using a systematic approach to be able to solve complex problems.
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate and share with others in a matrixed team environment whether in large projects or small development tasks
- Able to adapt to changing Priorities
- Witten and oral skills in English and French, Spanish an asset
- Based on Area of BA support specific additional skill sets may be required and outlined.
- Meticulous and thorough in completion of tasks.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.