Senior Advisor, Human Resources
Montreal, QC, CA
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Reporting to the Director of the Human Resources and Global Compensation group, the Senior Advisor Human Resources provides support on a daily basis for both the Corporate head office and the Canadian employees of our Sales, Marketing and Distribution division (350 employees). Areas of responsibility include employee relations, legislative compliance, health & safety, performance appraisals and policies and procedures. This is an opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment and apply best practices in Human Resources..
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide support and coaching on all HR disciplines, including: employee relations, health and safety, labor law, performance management, talent development and compensation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all local HR procedures and policies.
- Participate in various HR initiatives (employee engagement survey, Dow Jones Sustainability Index Survey, employee activities and recognition programs).
- Ensure the integrity of data entered in the HR Information System and update various HR related documentation.
- Support the talent acquisition team in facilitating onboarding of new employees and ensure new hire documentation is routed efficiently.
- Coordinate training activities to support employee development.
- Support the Company’s commitment to health and safety by playing a key role in case management, as well as developing proactive and preventative action plans, mainly for our distribution team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the HR department.
- The role is approximately 2/3 supporting to the Corporate head office employees and initiatives and 1/3 the Canadian employees of our Sales, Marketing and Distribution division.
- The incumbent will work primarily from the Corporate head office located downtown Montreal and approximately 1 day per week from the Marketing & Distribution office located on Jarry Street in Montreal.
Profile & Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or in a related field.
- Sound knowledge of labour standards and health and safety regulations
- Approximately 8 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist
- Client-oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle delicate cases with professionalism and rigor
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Fluently bilingual - English and French (spoken and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft is an asset.
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.