Senior Analyst, Financial Operations
Montreal, QC, CA
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Reporting to the Manager, Cost of Sales, the candidate is an experienced accounting professional looking to take on a role at the heart of a global finance team within the apparel manufacturing industry. The candidate will be primarily responsible for the reporting, analytical aspects, and forecasting of inventory, assisting the Manager with monthly executive reporting. The incumbent is a motivated team player with strong analytical skills, high level of rigor and agile in an entrepreneurial environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Monthly reporting of consolidated inventory.
- Prepare consolidated inventory reconciliations between G/L and the inventory sub-ledgers.
- Interact with the various business units to review monthly results and prepare quarterly inventory forecasts.
- Perform variance analysis and summarize findings in monthly inventory executive decks.
- Monitoring of manufacturing working capital: trend analysis for raw materials and WIP.
- Preparation of quarterly documents for external auditors.
- Review monthly inventory quality and availability reports.
- Quarterly reviews of forecast inventory production and sourcing plans.
- Active involvement in the planning and execution of department special projects.
- Lead improvements initiatives leveraging financial systems regarding department processes.
- Responsible for the updating and maintenance of key process documentation.
Develop ad-hoc reports and supporting schedules to assist management needs as required
Profile & Core Competencies
- Professional designation (CPA or CFA) holding a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Strong analyst with a minimum of 7 years accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Strong financial background with the ability to analyze and synthesize information to develop meaningful reports to help make informed decisions.
- Developed financial reporting skills and knowledge of inventory related processes and controls.
- Solid work ethic and ability to adapt under pressure in order to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, ability to efficiently communicate with various business units and departments within the organization.
- Experience with the use of financial reporting and ERP systems, (e.g. JDE, Hyperion or other) data queries, and reporting tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French,
- Proficiency in Spanish considered a strong asset
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan, however only those candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.