Salisbury, NC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
The Shift Supervisor’s position will be supervising, organizing and managing the day-to-day activities for shift operations. This position will also be responsible for optimizing plant operations to help meet production and quality standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of all equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all Policies and Procedures are being followed for the company.
- Ensuring that all production requirements are met.
- Developing positive working relationships with all associates.
- Managing/Developing/Coaching employees
- Maintaining accurate production/attendance/time records for all employees
Profile & Core Competencies
- 2-4 years’ experience in a yarn manufacturing facility is preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience as a supervisor in a yarn manufacturing facility preferred
- Experience as a Supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Position requires strong attention to accuracy and detail with strong organizational skills.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and exhibit exemplary written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must understand the importance of mentoring and coaching employees.
- Community college/Associates degree or equivalent training preferred.
Gildan is an Equal Opportunity Employer