Team Lead, Pick Pass
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Interacts with supervisors to assist in the operational aspects of the DC workflow. Helps guide team mates on daily tasks while working with limited direct supervison. Handles cartons in accordance with business needs by performing pallet picks, case picks, pallet building and putting cases on the conveyor. May be required to operate all powered equipment within their area of responsibility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures predetermined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and production goals are met.
- Seeks ways to continuously improve processes and communicates/provides feedback to supervisors on a regular basis.
- Handles materials manually and with the aid of both non-powered (pallet jacks, hand trucks) and/or powered equipment (walkie, reach truck, 589 transloader, counterbalance).
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- High School or Technical Diploma preferred
- 1-3 Years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Basic Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred (RedPrairie, etc.)
- Prior experience operating Radio Frequency (RF) equipment, i.e. scanners, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, safety warnings, and equipment operations
- Vision is required in order to operate a RF keyboard and/or scanner, and to complete required data entry
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English language effectively
- Must be able to work in a team based environment
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.