Trainer, Storage 3rd Shift
Charleston, SC, US
Apply Add to Saved Jobs
Remove from Saved Jobs
Full Time/Part Time:
Job Status: Permanent
Performs all DC related training associated with equipment, systemic, and operational functionality. Functions include but are not limited to: training interactions involving hourly associates, training focused on RP/JDE/EXCEL/Outlook, training that pertains to DC operational procedures, training related to all DC powered equipment, data entry, report generation, training folder maintenance, SOPs, and training evaluations. Handles cartons in accordance with business needs by performing pallet picks, case picks, pallet building and putting cases on the conveyor. Operates ALL powered equipment in the Distribution Center.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supports DC related equipment, system and operational procedures and tasks.
- Performs daily training related data entry functions.
- Conducts training classes by presenting job-specific, company-specific, and personal computer software applications classes.
- Runs and maintains accurate records of reports from Red Prairie, LM, and Training.
- Evaluates training effectiveness to specific job applications and provides suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Communicates using email, face to face interactions, and phone pertaining to the equipment, WMS Red Prairie, and operational procedures and interfaces with management in the improvement of overall training and safety processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Profile & Core Competencies
- High School or Technical Diploma Preferred, 1-3 Years Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Advanced Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred (Red Prairie, JDE, etc.)
- Prior experience operating Radio Frequency (RF) equipment, i.e. scanners, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for a majority of shift
- Must be able to learn safety related policies and procedures (dock lock procedures, proper lifting techniques, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- May occasionally be required to operate 589 equipment at high elevations
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of focus to promote a safe work environment and prevent injury to others
- Hearing and verbal communication required in order to provide instruction, safety warning, and equipment operation
- Vision required to operate a RF keyboard and/or scanner and to complete required data entry
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English language effectively
We thank you for your interest in a career at Gildan. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.